I’d like the say that despite what the colours below might indicate, I am quite pleased with what I achieved this week. Especially as my computer is now at the point of crashing at least once per session. So this was basically me:
Anyway, moving straight along…. These were my goals for the week:
- Reading Sasha (probably) – I’ve started and I’m a good way through although I haven’t technically finished. I still hope to have read, on average a book a fortnight. (The law of averages is seriously the best thing)
- Getting chapters 13 & 14 of Queen of Hearts to ‘green’ – This did not happen. While I managed to upgrade a few scenes from red to orange and about six or seven from orange to green, only one of those fell in chapters 13 or 14. Those chapters consist of scenes I added in during my most recent revision/rewrite and I need a little more time to distance myself from them properly. But editing progress is being made and I’m super excited*.
- Writing the equivalent of 800 words a day to keep on top of my Camp NaNoWriMo goal – I think I’m on track with this. At least according to my old friend, the Law of Averages.
- Leveling up in Spanish – This goal was optimistic, tbh. I did, however, level up in Russian and I’ve been working on Spanish.
- Posting a character interview on Saturday – Done! With an introduction to the villain of Queen of Hearts. Well, one of them anyway.
- Preparing one post-grad application – …nope.I many have narrowed down my choices though. Maybe.
- Finishing the scene outline of Queen of Hearts, Part II – I did this! 😀
So next week. Ah, next week, the sweet promise of the future. Here are my goals:
- Greenify (100% a word) at least 8 more scenes in Queen of Hearts
- Add 100 points to my Spanish score on Duolingo (much more achievable)
- Finish reading Sasha and start a new book (The Dream Thieves or Me Before You are high on this list)
- Writing the equivalent of 800 words a day to keep on top of my Camp NaNoWriMo goal
- Post a character interview on Saturday (This may be the last one for a little while)
- Actually prep a post-grad application
As some of may have noticed in my initial ROW80 Round 2 post, one of my goals was to find some beta readers for Queen of Hearts. A few people volunteered to read this for me about two years ago but gods, it was not ready. I am hoping that, by the end of May, it will be.
- Do you like fantasy which emphasises the historical/political/social end of the spectrum?
- Have you been enjoying my WIPpet Wednesday snippets or character interviews?
- Will you have time during June/July to read an 80,000 word manuscript?
If your reaction to any of the above questions was this…
…then you could be a beta reader for Queen of Hearts. Keep an eye out for more info (I’ll be doing a more in depth blog in the next week or so) and send me an email at aebrowne.ink[at]gmail(etc) and make sure you put ‘Beta’ in the subject ❤
(All gifs from GIPHY)