And it is! Where did April disappear to??
Before I get into the meaty part of ROW80, I wanted to remind you that I’ve begun the search for beta readers for my New Adult Historical Fantasy. If this sounds like your thing, you can find out more here. 🙂
Now, onto the main business.
These were my goals for this week:
- Get 3/4 of Daughter of Kings manuscript to green (and ideally a few scenes to blue) – Definite progress has been made and I’ve now given myself until the end of the month to finish this thing. Nothing like a deadline to put the fire under you.
- Level up in Spanish on Duolingo – Done 😀
- Finish The Dream Thieves and begin Me Before You – I’ve almost finished The Dream Thieves. I’m sooo close. But I love it too much to want it to end.
- Write the equivalent of 800 word to keep on top of my Camp NaNoWriMo count as we head into the final stretch – Done. I managed to hit my goal three days early which is super exciting mostly because now I can afford to buy Scrivener and I don’t have to ration my trail days. Woo!
- Prep a character interview
- Prep beta seeking post – Done and posted 😀 See above for the link or find the post in the side bar –>
- Prep a post-grad application. Like seriously. Pls. – Two prepped, none submitted.
At this point in the round, I think it’s worth having a look at my overall goals to see how I’m progressing:
- Finish writing Eriden’s novel(la) – … I had honestly forgotten all about this goal
- Get every scene in Daughter of Kings to green* – making super good progress so far 😀
- Level up on Duolingo in Russian, Spanish and Welsh – Done all of these already. Woo!
- Choose my next move, study wise – I thought I had…but now it changes every week…
- Read a book a fortnight – So far, on average, pretty good 🙂
- Blog about non-WIPpet/ROW80 things – I’ve been reblogging a lot of interesting posts and my character interviews count as non-WIPpet/ROW80 things.
- Find some readers for Daughter of Kings – THIS COULD BE YOU! I put up a post outlining the type of story it is and what I’m looking for yesterday so I’m hoping to have some people lined up by the end of the week. Ideally 5-10 but we’ll see what happens. 🙂
For next week, I hope to:
- Finish The Dream Thieves and move onto Me Before You
- Actually get to 3/4 ‘green’ (i.e. able to see the light of day) in Daughter of Kings
- Work on Russian at least three times this week
- Keep up the momentum I gathered with Camp NaNoWriMo
- Prep a post about my thoughts of the Camp NaNaWriMo experience
- Submit a grad application
How have your goals gone this week?
How do you keep yourself motivated?