And it is! Where did April disappear to??
Before I get into the meaty part of ROW80, I wanted to remind you that I’ve begun the search for beta readers for my New Adult Historical Fantasy. If this sounds like your thing, you can find out more here. 🙂
Now, onto the main business.
These were my goals for this week:
- Get 3/4 of Daughter of Kings manuscript to green (and ideally a few scenes to blue) – Definite progress has been made and I’ve now given myself until the end of the month to finish this thing. Nothing like a deadline to put the fire under you.
- Level up in Spanish on Duolingo – Done 😀
- Finish The Dream Thieves and begin Me Before You – I’ve almost finished The Dream Thieves. I’m sooo close. But I love it too much to want it to end.
- Write the equivalent of 800 word to keep on top of my Camp NaNoWriMo count as we head into the final stretch – Done. I managed to hit my goal three days early which is super exciting mostly because now I can afford to buy Scrivener and I don’t have to ration my trail days. Woo!
- Prep a character interview
- Prep beta seeking post – Done and posted 😀 See above for the link or find the post in the side bar –>
- Prep a post-grad application. Like seriously. Pls. – Two prepped, none submitted.
At this point in the round, I think it’s worth having a look at my overall goals to see how I’m progressing:
- Finish writing Eriden’s novel(la) – … I had honestly forgotten all about this goal
- Get every scene in Daughter of Kings to green* – making super good progress so far 😀
- Level up on Duolingo in Russian, Spanish and Welsh – Done all of these already. Woo!
- Choose my next move, study wise – I thought I had…but now it changes every week…
- Read a book a fortnight – So far, on average, pretty good 🙂
- Blog about non-WIPpet/ROW80 things – I’ve been reblogging a lot of interesting posts and my character interviews count as non-WIPpet/ROW80 things.
- Find some readers for Daughter of Kings – THIS COULD BE YOU! I put up a post outlining the type of story it is and what I’m looking for yesterday so I’m hoping to have some people lined up by the end of the week. Ideally 5-10 but we’ll see what happens. 🙂
For next week, I hope to:
- Finish The Dream Thieves and move onto Me Before You
- Actually get to 3/4 ‘green’ (i.e. able to see the light of day) in Daughter of Kings
- Work on Russian at least three times this week
- Keep up the momentum I gathered with Camp NaNoWriMo
- Prep a post about my thoughts of the Camp NaNaWriMo experience
- Submit a grad application
How have your goals gone this week?
How do you keep yourself motivated?
10 thoughts on “Its gonna be May”
Looks like you’re making pretty good progress. Good luck this month.
I am so impressed with you leveling up on all four languages. Go you!
As for staying motivated – I try to remember why I’m doing this in the first place. And, my stories need to be told. 🙂
Haha thank you 🙂 I just try to chip away at them.
That’s a great way to stay motivated 🙂
Wow. You are really rocking the language learning!
It looks like you’re zooming right along on most of your goals. I never thought to count reblogging as a way to have non-hop posts. What a good idea.
It’s probably a bit of a stretch. But I’ll take what I can get. 😛
You’ve made so much progress!! Yay! Also, if you work out the motivation thing can you let me know?
Hehe thanks 🙂 Nothing like a deadline to get things done 😛
As for motivation, I literally have no clue. ‘Tis one of life’s great mysteries.
Deadlines are the ONLY way I get things done! 😛
I have the same problem 😛