I started out the year with a goal of reading 26 books – 1 per fortnight. I’ve fallen just short of that, with a total of 24 finished books*.
- The Raven Boys | Maggie Stiefvater
- The Queen’s Choice | Cayla Kluver
- The Captive Prince | C. S. Pacat
- The Many Coloured Land | Christopher Koch
- The Architect’s Apprentice | Elif Shafak
- Sasha | Joel Shepherd
- The Dream Thieves | Maggie Stiefvater
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue | Maggie Stiefvater
- All Our Yesterdays | Cristin Terrill
- Me Before You | Jojo Moyes
- The Secret History | Donna Tartt
- The Stone Diaries | Caroline Shields
- Ukraine Diaries | Andry Kurkov
- My Brilliant Friend | Elena Ferrante
- The Raven King | Maggie Stiefvater
- Close Call | Stella Rimington
- Sailing to Sarantium | Guy Gavriel Kay
- Throne of Glass | Sarah J. Maas
- Crown of Midnight | Sarah J. Maas
- Heir of Fire | Sarah J. Maas
- Queen of Shadows | Sarah J. Maas
- Red Rising | Pierce Brown
- Legend | Marie Lu
- Embasytown | China Mieville
Although I tried to read outside my usual genres (YA & Fantasy), most of the books I read this year fell into one of those categories. I did branch out into biography, which I actually quite liked, and dipped my toe into the pool of crime fiction though I won’t be rushing back to that anytime soon.
How did you go with your book challenge this year? Did you try anything new or different?
*I’m only counting books I finished cover to cover, not partials or dnfs.