- Read 20 books
- Read from unfamiliar genres
- Read a book from at least ten different countries
I have a favourite genre – and I stick to it.
Pretty much everything I read for leisure is fiction, fantasy specifically. Last year, I began to branch out into other fiction genres such as crime fiction and short stories, as well as dipping my toe in the ocean of non-fiction.
This year, I’ve read three books and two of them were non-fiction! I was almost reluctant to return to fiction (but don’t fear – I’ve dived right back in with a retelling of Arthurian legend).
Books I’ve read in 2017:
- The Well at the World’s End | A.J. Mackinnon
- Truthwitch | Susan Dennard
- Pink Sari Revolution: A Tale of Women and Power in the Badlands of India | Amana Fonatella-Khan
Isolde, Queen of the Western Isles | Rosalind Miles