This week, I kept my ROW80 goals nice and simple. They were:
- Do initial read through of Daughter of Kings – Almost there, only 9 chapters to go. Reading through the print out, reading the scenes in order, has made it so much clearer where the work needs to be done and which scenes still need a lot of work. It is now only two weeks until I send it out to beta readers and I’m super excited.
- Submit a job application – Done, as of this afternoon.
- Work out what I actually want to study at the grad level – I’ve made a decision though I’m not sure it’s what I want. Actually, I know it’s not what I want but I need to be practical. The practical, sensible, real world decisions in life are why I read and write fantasy in the first place…
Next week, the plan is to:
- Finish initial read through of Daughter of Kings
- Get about 3/4 way through close read of Daughter of Kings
- Find more jobs to apply for
- Choose a TEFL course to enroll in
Question time: have you had to choose between your head and your heart? Which did you choose?